As I type, a blizzard/snowstorm/nor’easter/snowmageddon, whatever you wish to call it, is a-brewing outside. Winter is definitely here. The downy snowfall makes me want to have a cozy afternoon in my PJs, reading a book while drinking hot tea near a warm fireplace. The scene is reminiscent of a Lifetime movie and I’m not complaining! To keep this lovely winter wonderland picture in mind, I want to share some ideas with you so you may experience your own Lifetime movie at home:
- Jasmine Green Tea http://www.stashtea.com/Stash-Tea-Jasmine-Blossom-Green/dp/B005DM5FWS
- My new tea obsession! I adore tea of (almost) all flavors and I recently came across this lovely blend at a Japanese restaurant — the waitress kept refilling my cup throughout my meal as I couldn’t stop sipping. It’s light yet fragrant and super tasty. This comes highly recommended for a cozy afternoon.
- A Page Turner www.goodreads.com
- I love to read and as there are so many books to choose from, I’ll direct you to an excellent site: Goodreads (link above.) This site keeps track of all of the books I’ve read, as well as recommends new books for me based on my reading list. I have also won a few free books through their giveaway program, which is great since I rarely win anything! You can also befriend people on the site and see what books they like/dislike as well as read their book reviews. I cannot speak any more highly of this site — it’s a must for all of the bookworms out there.
- Cozy Slippers www.minnetonkamoccasin.com
- I admit, I have cold feet. No, I’m not speaking about my wedding but my feet are ALWAYS cold. It’s not easy during the cold months so I layer on the high socks and warm slippers whenever I am at my house. I love my Minnetonka Cally slipper as they are warm and comfortable and not wool (I’m allergic) like the other popular slipper brand. They have a rubber bottom so I don’t slip around on wood floors. This is my second pair in 5 years, so they last a while and are a great investment.
- Quote of the Day
Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
Stay warm and cozy by the hearth! Until next week.