I rarely wear makeup but when I do, I like the natural look. My make-up conveys messages of sophistication, happiness, and simplicity — nothing fussy. As I type this in my bathroom near my makeup drawer, here’s the make-up that makes me look and feel pretty, without too much effort, because I like to keep things simple:
- Revlon Photoready Insta-fix http://www.revlon.com/products/face/foundation-makeup/revlon-photoready-insta-fix-makeup#309976414102||0
- This stick is pure genius. I literally bought it 2 days ago and I love it! It covers everything, including under-eye darkness. It’s truly a miracle worker and doesn’t leave white marks on your face in photos.
- NYC Smooth Skin Fini Parfait BB Creme http://www.newyorkcolor.com/us/makeup/smooth-skin-bb-creme
- Who can resist a product with a name like parfait? The price also can’t be beat. The cream covers nicely and feels light. It adds a dewy complexion and can be worn by itself.
- Bare Minerals Get Started Kit http://www.bareescentuals.com/
- I use the foundation, blush and mineral veil to set my face (i.e. make-up) in place. It takes minutes to apply, is super easy to use and it looks so natural.
- Put a Lid on It…Eyelid Primer http://www.thebalm.com/put-a-lid-on-it.html
- Keeps my eyeshadow in place all day. The tube looks small but a little goes a long way. I’ve had the same tube for over 2 years and it’s still going strong.
- L’Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/products/makeup/eyes/eyeliner-brow/infallible-lacquer-liner-24h.aspx
- This gel eyeliner is amazing! I wear this everyday in black… it’s a staple. It stays on throughout the day.
- Too Faced Naked Eye eyeshadow natural collection https://www.toofaced.com/p/eye-shadow-palettes/natural-eyes/
- For a special night that requires a smokey or even a nude eye, this is my go-to. The box comes with multiple colors and cheat-sheet instruction cards to help create a beautiful look each time.
- Blistex Five Star lip protection http://www.allstarhealth.com/de_p_ref/17127/pla17127/BLISTEX_FIVE_STAR_Lip_Protection.htm?utm_source=google&utm_medium=GPS&utm_campaign=17127&gclid=CIncx4rt88QCFQUQ7AodGnsA_A
- By far the BEST chap stick out there. I’ve been using this product for a few years and I just love it. It has SPF 30 and it tastes so yummy. It has a tint of shimmer but nothing fancy. I always put this on before bed and after a shower.
- Clear Nail Polish http://www.drugstore.com/sally-hansen-hard-as-nails-polish-crystal-clear/qxp413708?catid=196092
- You can’t go wrong with a simple clear polish — any kind will do. My nails always look clean and put-together. Love it!
- Quote of the Day
I believe that all women are pretty without makeup — and can be pretty powerful with the right makeup.
There you have it. My simple list of makeup items for the gal that wants to look nice but doesn’t want to spend hours getting ready (or spend tons of money on non-essential makeup tricks.) Keep it simple and let your inner goddess shine!