The only news that has me glued to social media and the TV the past few days is the birth of Britain’s new princess!! I am so excited and happy for William and Kate as they bring home their new addition to the family. I love the name Charlotte, as it’s perfect for a princess and certainly has much meaning to the family:
- It’s the feminine version of her grandfather’s name, Charles
- Her aunt, Pippa, was given this name as her middle name
- King George III’s wife was named Charlotte
The name is also known for:
- Princess Charlotte Casiraghi, Grace Kelly’s granddaughter
- Charlotte the spider from Charlotte’s Web
- Famous opera singer, Charlotte Church
- The author of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman, women’s civil rights leader
I cannot (well, actually, I can!) believe how well Kate looked in her yellow dress after the birth on the steps of the Lindo Wing, just 11 hours after delivering her daughter — does she ever take a terrible photo? I don’t think so. I’d love to know if she even owns a pair of sweatpants!?!
- Quote of the Day
And though she be but little, she be fierce.